Thursday, June 11, 2015

Merritt Elizabeth Teat


We are so excited about adding another little girl to our family! Jonathan has called this since before we were even married! He knew he was destined for having daughters. I always hoped I could have two girls to see their sister bond grow and develop. I just think there's something extra special about sisters. I've been able to see lots of those relationships through my closest girlfriends and especially my mom, who has 6 sisters!! I just have always liked the name Merritt, but it was confirmed that would be her name when Jonathan's mom told me it is actually a family name. It was meant to be! 'Beth' is also a family name so we decided on Elizabeth for her middle name. 

We really cannot wait to meet her! I think we are all anticipating who she will look like and taking guesses! Because Jansen is just a child of all recessive genes and much of a surprise on how she looks, it's been fun to think about who Merritt will look like! Here are some comparison pictures of the girls (Merritt on left. Jansen on right.)

Her bedding arrived and I couldn't wait to set up her crib! We still have a lot to do in the old guest room/Jonathan's office! Poor Jonathan...his life has just been overtaken with everything girl! 


Jansen is also beginning to get so excited about having a sister, like Anna and Elsa are sisters. She talks about her a lot and loves "hugging" her and feeling her kick. 

I found out by blood test and waited to tell Jonathan that afternoon. We surprised him with pink balloons and a bundt cake! 



How we told the social media world. Ha! 
We continue to pray for a healthy baby and safe delivery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment